Tips For Aspiring Hot Ad Girls From @FarrisPatton
In honor of our new logo, we thought we’d catalog some ‘words of wisdom’ from the lovely Farris Patton. Farris is most identified as the ‘fabulous’ Orbit Gum girl. WITHAG has featured Farris previously for Orbit Gum, KGB, and her CPR PSA.
Farris is an American actress with a spot-on British accent (usually the other way around). She has always dreamed of acting in commercial roles. Taking the knowledge from her many commercials, Farris has started to give out advice to aspiring commercial actresses on her Twitter. They are fascinating:
1) Girls, DON’T wear tons of makeup 2 auditions unless the role calls for it. Think natural!
2) Never be late 2auditions. If u r, NEVER give an excuse as 2why ur late. Don’t bring more attention to it.
3) While waiting 2b called in audition room. Stay away from negative or complaining actors. Stay positive!
4) Signing out at commercial audition could get u black listed from casting office. Ur choice.
5) ALWAYS wear the same outfit to the call back! Don’t change what already worked.
6) At a “call back” try to make eye contact with clients and director. It will be harder for them to forget you!
7) ALWAYS check to see if the script has changed when u arrive to an audition. Sometimes they change over night!
8) Don’t be afraid to ask questions during “group explanations”!!!
Take note aspiring WITHAGs! Those are tips from one of the best,….